September 30, 2011

Staying Busy

Here is a little update as to what we've been up to.


1. Praying, praying, praying. We have been wrapped up in prayer lately. Praying for guidance on this journey. He has been answering our prayers and providing encouragement daily.
 ”Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

  
2. Stuffing Envelopes. I have been a printing, folding, addressing, stuffing, sealing queen these past few days. I have almost all of our support letters ready to mail out within the next day or so! I'm hoping the letters will be well received and we'll have an overwhelming amount of support in return.


3. Home Study Paperwork. We haven't officially started our home study yet, but hey, a girl can be prepared. :) There's a form for everything you could imagine...general application, medical history, financial statement, child factors checklist, personal reference release and our autobiography. Trey is least excited about the autobiography because he's not really a man of many words and he has to do this one on his own. No help from wifey. :) It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say the stack of papers is about a mile high. With that being said, We're tackling it with ferocity in order to get it done as quick as possible. 

 

3. Family Pictures. We met up with Christine Smith Photography this week to take this cute picture.



We'll be using these in our support letters, fundraisers and a few other projects.

4. Preparing for our first adoption garage sale. We've been hassling asking our friends to donate anything they have lying around for our garage sale. I don't think they mind too much though, it's for a good cause. ;) We still have a ways to go in the sellable goods category, but we're hoping to have the sale in October.


5. Enjoying time with this sweet boy.

I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with Kipton! I just love every minute with him. So, in between working on adoption business during naptimes, I'm playing with my favorite little man. Mommyhood is for sure the best!!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I know I will because I'll be spending it with my two favorite guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment